Partners in Adventure Education, Challenge Course Construction, and Program Development
S.T.E.P.S., Inc. was established in 1991 to provide adventure education programs to schools, church and community groups, businesses, social services agencies, and other organizations located in southeast Michigan.
Over the years the company has expanded the scope of its offerings to include educational programs, challenge course training, and building services across the United States and beyond. In 2005 the company responded to requests from interested clients and entered the canopy tour business. S.T.E.P.S. was one of the first companies to design and construct canopy tour courses in the continental United States, and now also in Alaska.
To date, S.T.E.P.S. has helped to launch more than 18 tours in the U.S., and has provided operations consulting and staff training to many more. Of the 10 tours featured in a 2010 late-summer travel article in US Today, 5 were courses launched with assistance from S.T.E.P.S.
Launching a Canopy Tour with S.T.E.P.S.
The number of companies in the United States who work in the Canopy Tour field is quite small. Many more companies build zip lines and zip rides, but very few of those build true canopy tours. True Canopy Tour service providers are hard to find.
Because S.T.E.P.S.’ central mission has always been educational programming tailored to the special needs of each organization and group with whom we work, S.T.E.P.S. approaches every Canopy Tour project first from the point of view of what the owner is seeking to achieve and what the owner’s site is capable of providing. Once those two questions have been answered, S.T.E.P.S. can decide whether to accept or reject a proposed project, and can then design a course and a set of operating procedures that best fit the educational and recreational potential of the owner’s site and that help the owner to realize its business goals.
These are things to know about our approach to planning, building, and launching a S.T.E.P.S. Canopy Tour:
(1) though S.T.E.P.S. is a small company, they are one of the most experienced and knowledgeable builders in the Canopy Tour industry
(2) S.T.E.P.S. will always go the extra mile to understand the client’s aspirations and concerns and does its best to advance a client’s programming and business interests
(3) S.T.E.P.S. honors and respects your site and does everything they can to conserve it by minimizing the impact of the course building efforts
(4) S.T.E.P.S. is committed to best practices in course construction, course management, and course operations
(5) S.T.E.P.S. will not stint on quality at any point in the association with the client.
FREE Talkeetna Guide
Find out more about our little town of Talkeetna: activities, places to stay, where to eat, wildlife facts and more can be found in our FREE Talkeetna Insider Guide.
Did you know?
Talkeetna sits at the base of Mt McKinley, only 60 miles away as the raven flies. You can enjoy these stunning views while you zip our canopy tour.